Thrift Shop Finds Forever

Monday, March 03, 2014

When I'm not at home or out shooting or scouting for locations you can often find me at my local Thrift Store or 'Op Shop' as they're known here in Australia.
Few things make me happier than rummaging through countless isles of second hand garments in order to find the perfect low budget outfit!
Last week my local Opportunity Store Savers had a 50% off sale, meaning that all their already insanely low priced items were now half price, naturally I took full advantage of the special, spending hours searching for anything and everything to try on and in turn purchase.
My haul is as follows:


This stunning denim circle skirt from Valley Girl grabbed my attention immediately as I'd recently been wanting to splurge on an American Apparel garment in the same design. That was unneeded as soon I found this beauty though, it was a perfect fit for my waist and ended up a steal at $2.50 AUD. That's an entire skirt for less than the cost of a candy bar!

The next item I purchased happily were these funky patterned shorts. I love pairing plain shirts with busier bottoms and these prove perfect with a white tank top. I picked these up brand new (they still had tags attached) for a measly $4 AUD.

 I have a rather large soft spot for velvet and so I'm very satisfied with this find. This gorgeous black top is as lovely to touch as it is to wear. It fits amazingly well and is tapered at the waist which proves to be incredibly flattering on, I fell in love with it and took it home for $5 AUD.

At first I was drawn in by the pretty tartan detail and decided to try it on (it was rather large for a shirt), in doing so however I was amazed with this slimming, cool fitting dress. It's a great summer staple which will look gorgeous dressed up or down with boots and accessories. I came away with it for $4 AUD.

I've discovered a new found love for fluffy coats and cardigans of late and this jumper demonstrated no exception. It's very comfortable and has such a cute 90s feel. I snatched up this gorgeous piece for $4 AUD.

Big baggy, daggy knit jumpers are an absolute must for winter and as it's fast approaching I've been searching for some colder weather gear just like this lovely blue coloured knit cardigan. It's quite over sized and will be great for layering. I can't wait to have an excuse to wear it, I purchased it joyfully for $4 AUD.

I always find that you can never really have have enough sweet little cardigans and this grey beauty has such darling lace detail with adorable buttons to match! It's made of lovely cotton blends and was too cheap to pass up at $4 AUD.

This angelic item was possibly my favourite find of the day! I'm not much of a vintage sweater type of gal but this delicate baby pink stunner melted my heart into a pulp. From it's sweet fabric to its white lace detail and pearl like buttons I literally fell in love, I simply could not pass this beauty up especially for $6.50 AUD.


My final delightful find was that of this incredible Guess branded black dress. I must say I do have a tenancy of taking the saying 'you can never have enough little black dresses' a little too seriously but this item was so beautifully kept I simply could not help myself. It screams high quality and fits like a dream. It has the ability of being both demure and provocative with it's extremely flattering fit and delicate spaghetti straps. I allowed myself this delight for $15 AUD.

I'm always happy with what I come away with when thrift shopping and there's never any guilt involved as spending too much is next to impossible. My entire haul of the day came to a total of $49 AUD. That's nine pieces for under $50! I must say I'm more than pleased with the result as the Guess Dress was worth more than $100 alone.

I hope you enjoyed my items of choice and maybe even feel inspired enough to go on a thrifting spree for yourself!
Much love and thanks for viewing!

You Might Also Like

0 comments