Delicate Beauty

Saturday, November 21, 2015


The other day I was playing around with my 50mm f/1.4 lens in the natural light surrounding my house. I asked my mother if she could accompany me in an idea I had, she was a bit hesitant at first but once I'd explained the concept in full she was more willing to help out.

I find the human body to be such a remarkable thing, we're all so similar yet incredibly, incredibly different and it's not just our facial features and body types that separate us from our fellow beings. We all display our own scars, lumps, bumps, marks and spots that contribute to making us who we truly are.

Our skin reflects our lives and I find a person's 'flaws' and 'blemishes' to be the most raw and stunning part of an individual. 

Here's a few untouched images taken of my beautiful mother entitled 'In My Skin.' 
I hope you enjoy:








I'm quite satisfied with how organic the series has resulted and I hope to create more small projects just like this in the near future.

Thanks for viewing and as always much love! Xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments